Recently, China Environmental Protection Industry Association released the “China Environmental Protection Industry Development Status Report (2018)” (hereinafter referred to as the “Report”). This is the second consecutive year that China Environmental Protection Industry Association issued this report. According to the “Report”, the operating income of the national environmental protection industry in 2017 was about 1.35 trillion yuan, an increase of 17.4% compared with 2016, with the environmental service operating income reaching 755 billion yuan (an increase of about 23.8%) and the sales revenue of environmental protection products reaching 600 billion yuan (an increase of about 10.0%).
- Thanks to the political and industrial incentives, the environmental protection business revenue and profits continue to grow at rapid pace.
- The increasing industrial agglomeration trend has been recorded.
- The industrial competitiveness is growing, and labor productivity and innovation capacity are further improved.
- The industry’s profitability has dropped, while asset operation capacity and solvency have remained stable.
- There is still strong demand for industrial development.
- Predictions for next year: the total operating income of China’s environmental protection industry is expected to exceed 2 trillion yuan in 2020