We are happy to announce that this year WieTec will partner with Water and Wastewater Science and Engineering Innovation Team (School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Donghua University).
Our visitors will get a first-hand experience to learn about the latest innovations from some of the biggest experts in the field of water and wastewater technologies!
Donghua University (formerly known as China Textile University) is a university directly under the Ministry of Education. After nearly 70 years of construction and development, the school has evolved from a textile college at the beginning, to a University focused on engineering, science, management, literature, and arts.
Nowadays Donghua University’s School of Environmental Science and Engineering has 2 doctoral programs for first-level disciplines (environment and civil engineering), 4 doctoral programs for second-level disciplines, 5 master’s programs, and 3 master’s degree programs in engineering. In 2011, the Ministry of Environmental Protection approved the establishment of the “National Environmental Protection Textile Industry Pollution Prevention Engineering Technology Center”. The second-level discipline of “Environmental Engineering” was rated as a key discipline of Shanghai universities in 2007, the national first-class undergraduate major in 2019, and the first-level discipline of “Environmental Science and Engineering” was rated as a first-class discipline of Shanghai universities in 2012. The secondary disciplines of civil engineering are rated as provincial first-class undergraduate majors in 2019.
Civil engineering disciplines include secondary disciplines such as HVAC, municipal engineering, disaster reduction and prevention engineering. Among them, municipal engineering is a newly established second-level discipline. The scientific and engineering innovation team for water supply and drainage, in charge by Professor Shu Shihu, is mainly engaged in teaching and research for municipal water supply and drainage, building water supply and drainage, and industrial water supply and drainage. Combined with Donghua University’s textile characteristics to develop spinning membrane materials for water treatment, pipe network simulation and optimization, non-excavation of pipelines, leakage control, and smart water services, forming distinctive teaching and research teams to support first-level disciplines in civil engineering Construction.
- Team Structure
The water supply and drainage science and engineering innovation team is mainly composed of high and intermediate-level teachers and industry experts. The research direction includes new water treatment technology, water supply and drainage pipe network simulation and optimization, pipe network safety transmission and distribution, leakage control, black odor Water management. In the future, talents in the fields of membrane materials, sponge cities, secondary water supply, smart water services, and comprehensive pipeline corridors will be gradually introduced to continuously improve the talent echelon. The team also includes master’s, doctoral and assistant undergraduate students in the municipal engineering research group.
Dr. Shu Shihu, the leader of the innovation team, has a title of Zhenggao and is a technology leader in Shanghai. He has been the head of the R & D department of the National Engineering Research Center of Urban Water Resources Development and Utilization (South), and the head of the Pipeline Network Research Institute of Shanghai Urban Investment Research Institute Water Branch. Adjunct professor of Tongji University’s Sino-Italian College, part-time supervisor of Zhejiang University of Technology’s School of Construction and Engineering, member of the IWA China Leakage Control Expert Committee and chief representative of East China, member of the Municipal Engineering Branch of the Chinese Society of Civil Engineering, China Civil Engineering Society Water Industry Expert member of branch water supply committee and mechanical equipment committee, member of China Water Association Science and Technology Committee, Equipment Committee and Smart Water Affairs Committee, expert member of China Municipal Engineering Association, member of China Urban Planning Association, Shanghai Urban Investment drinking water safety lab administrator. He is also a member of the youth editorial board of the industry authoritative periodicals “Water Supply and Drainage” and “Water Purification Technology” magazine. Other associations, organizations and ministries: global high-level scientific and technological expert information platform, the National Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Water Resources, the Ministry of Housing and Construction and the Ministry of Science and Technology Expert Library, Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Industry-University-Research Alliance Expert Database, Beijing, Shanghai, Guizhou Province, Guangdong Province, and Jiangsu Province Scientific and technological expert database, China Engineering Construction Standardization Association expert database, Shanghai Construction Engineering Bid Evaluation Expert Database, Shanghai Science and Technology Commission, Construction Committee, Economic and Information Commission, Energy Conservation Office, Water Affairs Bureau and other commissions and experts, Yushan County, Jiangxi Province High-tech Zone Consultants, etc.
Scientific research projects
The main research projects undertaken and being undertaken by the innovation team are as follows:
- The 13th Five-Year National Water Project “Comprehensive Demonstration of Water Quality Safety Guarantee in Jinze Water Source of Taipu River” (2017ZX07207005)
- Thirteenth Five-Year National Water Project “Research on drinking water non-nationally controlled water quality indicators and assessment of demonstration areas” (2017ZX07207005-06)
- Major project of Shanghai Municipal Science and Technology Commission “Research and Application of Explosion Detection and Repair Technology for Urban Water Supply Pipe Network” (16DZ1201200)
- Shanghai Outstanding Academic (Technical) Leader Project “Research and Application of Multiphase Flow Flushing Technology for Urban Water Supply Pipelines (15XD1521000)”
- Project of Shanghai Water Affairs Bureau “Research and Demonstration of Online Monitoring and Information Disclosure Application of Secondary Water Quality” (Shanghai Water Science Department 2016-05)
- Technical Standard Project of Shanghai Science and Technology Commission “Research on Technical Standards for Water Quality Safety Guarantee of Water Supply Pipe Network” (14DZ0503402)
- Twelfth Five-Year National Water Project “Research and Demonstration of Multi-level Guarantee and Leakage Control Technology for Water Quality of Water Supply Pipeline Network (2012ZX07403-002-05)”
- Twelfth Five-Year National Water Project “Research and Demonstration on Optimized Layout of Secondary Water Supply and Water Quality Guarantee Technology” (2012ZX07403-002-06)
- Science and Technology Plan Project of the Ministry of Construction, “Research and Demonstration of Water Quality Guarantee Technology for Urban and Rural Coordinated Water Supply District Pipeline Network (2013-K7-6)”,
- The key project of Shanghai Municipal Science and Technology Commission, “Research and Application of Key Technologies for Secondary Water Supply Quality Guarantee for Shanghai Residents” (14231200200)
- Shanghai Youth Science and Technology Enlightenment Project “Research on Multi-stage Pressurized Chlorination Technology in Intensive Water Supply Area (12QB1400900)”,
The innovation team has edited one local standard, one group standard, and six industry, local and group standards. He has published 1 monograph, 1 editor-in-chief, and 7 editors. Authorized 21 patents and 2 software copyrights. He has published more than 100 papers in academic journals at home and abroad, many of which have been published in high-level academic journals in the field such as Chemical Engineering Journal, Journal of Biotechnology, Journal of Hazardous Materials (an ESI highly cited paper). In recent years, he has won provincial and ministerial awards such as the Golden Bridge Award of the Chinese Technology Market, the Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award, the Shanghai Youth Science and Technology Innovation Mayor Award (Professional Youth Group), and the Shanghai Youth Talent Talent Innovation Award. City-level science and technology awards, such as the Star of Science and Technology, the Second Prize of Scientific and Technological Progress of Shanghai Water Bureau, and the Third Prize of Scientific and Technological Progress of Shanghai Civil Engineering Society. Participated in the drafting or review of national technical documents of the Ministry of Housing and Construction and the China Water Association, including the “Implementation Rules for the Technical Guidelines for the Construction and Reconstruction of Urban Water Supply Facilities”, the “Leakage Control and Assessment Standards for Urban Water Supply Networks”, Guidelines for the measurement management of network partitions, Technical Guidelines for Drinking Water Safety, Technical Guidelines for Water Quality Improvement in Urban Water Supply, Urban Water Development Report (Blue Book), Urban Water Affairs Technology Development Plan 2035, etc.
Main technical standards
- Participated in the compilation of the Ministry of Construction industry standard “Technical Regulations for the Operation, Maintenance and Safety of Urban Water Supply Networks” (CJJ207-2013)
- Participated in the compilation of the Ministry of Construction industry standard “Technical Regulations for Non-excavation Repair and Update of Urban Water Pipelines” (CJJ / T244-2016)
- Chief editor of Shanghai local standard “Technical Guidelines for Model Construction of Urban Water Supply Networks” (DB31 / T800-2014)
- Participated in the compilation of Shanghai local standard “Technical Requirements for Surveying and Mapping of Piping Project Completion Drawings” (DB31 / T799-2014)
- Participated in the compilation of Shanghai local standard “Technical Specifications for Hydraulic Flushing of Urban Water Supply Pipelines” (DB31 / T926-2015)
- Participated in the compilation of Shanghai local standard “Technical Specifications for Construction, Operation and Maintenance of Information Management Platform for Urban Water Supply Networks”
- Participated in the Shanghai local standard “Determination method of microcystins in water sources” (DB31 / T1189-2019)
- Editor-in-chief of Industry Association Group Standard “Technical Guide for Cold and Frost Protection of Water Supply Facilities in Southern Residential Areas”
Main technical works
- “Detailed Implementation Guidelines for Technical Guidelines for the Construction and Reconstruction of Urban Water Supply Facilities”, China Construction Industry Press, 2013, edited
- “Water Supply Management and Leakage Control”, China Construction Industry Press, 2017, co-editor
- “Water Metering and Measurement”, China Construction Industry Press, 2018, edited
- Translation of the fourth edition of the WHO Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality, Shanghai Jiaotong University Press, 2014, co-editor
- “Theory and Application of Digital Water Quality in Urban Water Supply Network System”, Shanghai Science and Technology Press, 2017
- “Urban and Rural Integrated Water Supply Technology and Management”, Metallurgical Industry Press, 2019, Chief Editor
- “Urban Water Supply Network System Simulation Technology Theory and Engineering Practice”, Science Press, 2020, monograph
- Urban Water Safety Risk Prevention and Control, Tongji University Press, 2018, co-editor
Fourth, the direction of achievement transformation
- Simulation, optimization and leakage control of pipe network system
Some of the topics include developed and condensed key technologies such as multi-stage disinfection of pipeline networks, flushing of multi-phase flow pipelines, control of longitudinal water balance leakage, non-excavation of pipelines, and simulation of water quality of pipeline networks, forming of relevant technical standards and realizing dynamic hydraulic quality of pipeline networks The simulation has established typical demonstration projects such as the digital water quality information platform for the water distribution network in the central urban area of ??Shanghai, and the information platform for the safety protection of the water supply pipe network in the Expo Park. The water quality protection of the water supply pipe network and the drinking water in the Expo Park were switched under the change of Qingcaosha water source, which played an important role in security.
Water Quality Model & Pipe Network
- Simulation and regulation of sewage biological treatment process
Using activated sludge mathematical model (ASM) to simulate the biological treatment process of sewage in different scenarios can not only save a lot of time and money spent in chemical experiment research, provide a theoretical basis for the design of sewage treatment process, but also reveal the causes of sewage, the mechanism and cause of the change in biological treatment capacity, so as to formulate scientific control measures to guide the optimal operation of wastewater biological treatment process.
Modeling process of sewage biological treatment process
Schematic diagram of A / A / O process simulation model
3.Sulphate enhanced anaerobic biological reduction method to remove heavy metal antimony in water
Utilizing the prevalence of sulfate respiration in anaerobic biological systems, the use of anaerobic biological reduction to treat the combined pollution wastewater of antimony and sulfate co-existence, which can simultaneously achieve the conversion of pentavalent antimony to trivalent antimony in the system, and sulfate respiration reduces sulfate to sulfur ions, so that dissolved trivalent antimony is converted to Sb2S3 precipitation, which significantly improves the removal rate of dissolved antimony in water. Due to the maturity of anaerobic biological processes, sulfates are common in the water environment, and this technology is especially suitable for the efficient removal of heavy metal antimony in industrial wastewater.
4.Efficient repair of perchlorate / nitrate-contaminated water body by humus and iron oxide-mediated anaerobic biological method
By taking advantage of the electron shuttle effect of quinones and their combined iron oxides and the large number of quinone structures in humus, by adding humus to the anaerobic biological system or adding humus and iron oxide simultaneously, the electron transfer efficiency in the system is promoted to Significantly improve the efficiency of perchlorate / nitrate reduction.
- Future Cooperation
The innovation team encourages an active development of industry-university-research cooperation and is willing to conduct technical exchanges with various parties to provide relevant technical services to all sectors of society. For technical cooperation, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org